TechnoPhage is hiring a Head of Neurosciences with a strong scientific background to lead a team dedicated to the research and development of new medicines in the Neurosciences and Ophthalmology therapeutic areas.
- Research and development of new products in the Neurosciences/Ophthalmology therapeutic areas;
- Management of a team formed by scientific staff;
- Design, implementation and management of scientific projects.
- Contribute to strategic activities and decisions;
- Research, plan, and implement new projects;
- Management of ongoing projects with human resources, time and budget control;
- Data analysis, report preparation and presentation;
- Scientifically support to preclinical development, process development and production;
- Support funding applications in the area;
- Report to the upper management.
Education and Training:
- PhD in Neurosciences or in equivalent life sciences;
- Experience in Neurosciences and/or Ophthalmology;
- Know-how in antibodies and cell biology;
- Experience in drug discovery;
- Experience managing projects and research teams.
- Strong scientific background and technical experience in laboratory activities;
- Experience as supervisor;
- Experience in working within project-oriented teams;
- Experience managing day-to-day activities in research and development, with direct responsibility for meeting program timelines and budgets;
- Experience with application and management of grant programs.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Pro-active attitude to problem solving and ability to work independently;
- Creativity and innovation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing and presentations) with ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical and senior management staff;
- Good English language understanding, speaking and writing;
- Leadership and management skills.
This is a full-time position for work in a laboratory/office environment in the Lisbon area. There is little to no travel required of this position, with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
Applications containing a cover letter and CV should be sent to HR@technophage.pt until May 31, 2021.