Technophage is currently looking for a Contracts and Biotechnology Patent Attorney to work closely with our scientists and business associates to provide intellectual property and transactional support.
TechnoPhage takes therapeutics and diagnostics into discovery and development stages. The general aim is to take the therapeutic assets into Phase II of clinical trials.
TechnoPhage currently holds a well-balanced and diversified product portfolio addressing key therapeutic areas while simultaneously being agile in meeting the challenges of the rapidly evolving pharmaceutical industry.
The position will include the following areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate and register patent applications directed to biotechnology-related inventions, including antibodies and other bio therapeutics; manage associates in non-US countries
- Analyze third party patents to identify freedom to operate issues and plan strategies for dealing with such issues, such as recognizing patent validity and no infringement issues and working with researchers to identify design-around strategies
- Coordinate and timely enter and remove items in an electronic patent database.
- Draft, review, negotiate contracts of various size and scope with collaborators, customers, suppliers, and other third party partners
- Typical agreements include research collaboration agreements, in- and out-licensing deals, materials transfer agreements, non-disclosure agreements
- Provide legal advice and assist with resolving contract disputes
General Legal Work
- Provide legal advice on general legal issues that arise on a day to day basis
- Draft HR related contracts
- Provide other support as requested
- 3-5 years in-house or law firm experience as a patent attorney (prefer experience in IP with research-focused biotech or pharmaceutical company)
- Experience in negotiating and drafting agreements that are typical for a research-focused pharmaceutical company
- Managing day-to-day legal operations in close cooperation with Business Lines
- Ability to identify and analyze legal and intellectual property issues, define risks, and present clear recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment. Self-motivated and efficient, with good business judgment. A high degree of flexibility, creativity and initiative is expected
- University degree in law
- Fluent in English (read, spoken and written)
Please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.